New York State Association of Agricultural Fairs
New York State Showpeople’s Association
2017 Scholarship Winners:
The seven recipients of a $1,000 Scholarship are:
- Abigail Dennis – representing Delaware County Fair. Attending SUNY Oneonta. Major in Fashion and Textiles. Expected to graduate 2020.
- Claudia Drechsel – representing Orleans County Fair. Attending Morrisville State College. Major in Agricultural Business Development.
- Jaimee Frederick – representing Ontario County Fair. Attending Alfred State with a transfer option to Cornell University. Bachelors in Animal Science.
- Megan Jankowiak – representing Dutchess County Fair. Attending SUNY Geneseo. Expected to graduate 2021. Major in Business Management & Marketing.
- Ashley Lyman – representing Allegany County Fair. Attending Morrisville State College. Expecting to graduate 2019. Major Agricultural Science & Animal Science.
- Daniel Ripley – representing Cortland Jr. Fair. Attending Morrisville State College. Major in Animal Science. Expected to graduate in 2021.
- Victoria Shively – representing Ontario County Fair. Attending SUNY Finger Lakes Community College. Major in Registered Nursing. Expected to graduate in 2020.
The recipient of the Fair Manager’s $500 Scholarship is:
- Camille Ledoux – representing Lewis County Fair. Applied to Cornell, Clarkson & Nebraska-Lincoln. Dual major in Biology and Publie Health with a minor in Epidemiology.
2018 Scholarship Application(Coming Soon)
The NYSAAF and NYSSA offer an annual scholarship program which is available to students who are New York State residents, who currently are (or have previously been) active in a fair that is a member of the NYSAAF or the NYSSA and who plan to attend (or already attend) college in pursuit of a degree. The fair where you have been active or the NYSSA must endorse your application and will submit it for you. Our website www.nyfairs.org offers a complete list of our member fairs.
New York State Association of Agricultural Fairs Applicants: Applications submitted through the NYSAAF should be submitted to your local fair. Applicants may submit only one application.
New York State Showpeople’s Association Applicants: Applications submitted through the NYSSA should be submitted to: Sarah McAndrew, Secretary NYSSA, 12 Point View Dr. Central Square,NY 13036. Applicants may submit only one application.
To provide financial assistance to those high school and college students who have been active in their local fairs and who intend to pursue or who are pursuing a degree. Application is open to all applicants regardless of your field of study. However, additional consideration may be given to those applicants pursuing a degree in a field related to agriculture, fair management or the outdoor amusement business. All are encouraged to apply.
Up to ten $1,000 scholarships may be awarded.
Applicant must be in his/her senior year of high school in New York State or be a New York State resident already attending college and planning to pursue or already pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher learning.
Student must submit his/her complete application to the member fair or the NYSSA by the second Friday in April.
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
|Citizenship & leadership
|Fair / Outdoor Amusement Business participation
|Field of study (related to fields listed above)
|Presentation of application
Make sure that you complete the entire application according to directions. Return the completed application to your local fair or the NYSSA by the date indicated. The Selection Committee is looking for well-rounded applicants and will base its decisions on a variety of criteria, including academics, community service and fair participation, as well as the overall appearance of your application. The application has been formatted so that it must be completed online. All applications must be on this form. However, do not email it to us. You must submit a hard copy of your application to an official of your sponsoring fair or to the NYSSA for endorsement. You may add additional pages as necessary. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. Applications must be printed on plain stock white paper (such as 20 lb. paper).
• General Information Sheet
For School/College Guidance Counselors
• General Information Sheet for Member Fairs and NYSSA
Click here to download Adobe Reader